Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskara in Sanskrit is a dynamic sequence of postures that are linked to the breath, and is considered one of the most important elements in yoga. In the Vedic tradition, the sun is the creator of all life and is symbolic of consciousness, and has been worshiped daily in Indian culture for hundreds of years.
Thanyapura’s Sun Salutation class is a great way to energize the body, mind and spirit. The practice of Sun Salutation every morning is believed to awaken both the physical and spiritual body to help achieve a higher consciousness by aligning the breath, body and mind to the present moment. It is also an excellent cardiovascular exercise which helps to burn fat and benefits overall wellbeing.
- Calms and balances the mind and body
- Normalizes the body’s energy
- Aids in movement and mobility in joints and hips
- Lowers stress levels
- Better endurance
- A method to deal with anxiety and stress
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
Warnings or extra advice…
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: email@example.com or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
MEMBERS & HOTEL GUESTS
STAY WITH US
JOIN THIS CLASS
JOIN 3-MONTH MEMBERSHIP
- Discounts available for block bookings for multiple sessions.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Book Your Class
Let us know how we can help you and one of our dedicated concierge team will get back to you very quickly. You will also receive a copy of your enquiry send immediately to your inbox.