Spinning for weight loss
Fancy toning up and losing some weight before bikini body season? Well, you could spend hours slogging away on the treadmill but then again, nobody wants to do that. So, instead why don’t you hop on a bike and pedal to the metal with a high intensity, but fun, workout like spinning? Spinning has always been a hugely popular fitness class and is known for its weight loss benefits among many other things.
But it isn’t just the many benefits that get people to return week in, week out. Spinning is a unique exercise experience – think high-intensity meets nightclub. This is the atmosphere that this popular and motivating class is known for. So, if this sounds good to you then keep reading and find out how you can benefit from spinning for weight loss and many other things.
SPINNING AT THANYAPURA – JOIN US IN PARADISE – READ MORE
Spinning for weight loss – and the other benefits
- Weight loss – yes, I have said this before but spinning for weight loss is not a myth! First of all, a single spinning class can burn at least 500 calories, which can help you shed the pounds. Doing this class as little as twice a week could up your calorie burn and help you to lose weight. But the even more beneficial thing about spinning for weight loss, and HIIT classes is that even after you have hopped off the bike, you will still be burning more calories than normal, hours later.
- Improve cardiovascular health – Spin classes include both endurance and cardiovascular training, so heart health and lung capacity are some of the most obvious benefits from taking up these classes. For example, as you work harder in spinning you will learn to control your breathing. This can help to control anxiety and lower your heart rate.
Reshape & Recharge Retreat – Thanyapura’s Signature Lifestyle Weight Loss Boot Camp
Next Camp Starting Soon – A Truly All-Inclusive Program, 1 or 2 Weeks, Run by Thanyapura’s Medical & Sport Professionals on the tropical island of Phuket, Thailand. Spin Classes Included!
- Build muscle tone – Spinning can help you to build muscle tone, especially in the core and lower body. When you pedal, you will work your calves and thighs; and, if you sit in the correct position on the bike then you will begin to work your abs. Obviously, if you put more effort into the workout and pedal faster you will burn fat faster, but when you pedal slower, with a higher tension (uphill), you will begin to work your muscles.
- Stress reliever – It is a well-known fact that exercise helps to reduce stress but in particular, spinning can be a more efficient class for stress relief than other classes. This is because spinning is an intense workout, but it is also a class where you can socialise and meet like-minded people. So, not only do you get a good workout, but you get to enjoy it while you’re doing it!
- It can be done at Thanyapura any time of the year – yes, this is a huge benefit especially in Thailand when it is either boiling hot or pouring down with rain. All our classes are inside with air conditioning, so you won’t need to worry about extreme temperatures when you start to sweat.
You may have started spinning for weight loss but there are so many more benefits of joining this high intensity class. Get started today!
Come and stay with us at Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort on the beautiful island of Phuket, Thailand. We offer great packages and services for getting fit, losing weight, mind & yoga training or taking your sports training to the next level with our world class sports facilities. We’re Asia’s best Tennis resort and are proud of have the best Olympic grade swimming pool in Asia.
Come check us out!